Monday, September 28, 2009

Poetry Books


Dinothesaurus

by Douglas Florian
ISBN: 1416979786
Ages 4-8

This is a fun book of poems about dinosaurs. It talks about different time periods dinosaurs lived in. It also described the different types of dinosaurs and gave some good information. In the end of the book it also contains a poem about the extinction of dinosaurs that speculates why they might have become extinct. This book would be good not just for reading but it can be incorportated into a science lesson as well.



____________________________________________________________






I Am of Two Places



ISBN: 0-7635-3161-8

Ages 4-8

16 pages




This book is a collection of poems written by five different elementary students (3rd-5th grade) from Santa Ana, California. They have relatives in both the United States and Latin America and the poems are based on the feeling of sometimes being divided emotionally between the two places.

It is a culturally rich book that is great for students here in Texas because many of them come from or have family who live in other countries.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dinosar book, I have to teach a science lesson for my fb class and I have been trying to find an idea for my hook and book would be perfect! I like the other book also it would be the perfect multicultural book!

    ReplyDelete